Alina Moreno - Post 5
Hi again! In this post, I want to talk about my experiences with egg collection during the summer.
Thad, who you may know from the blog, collects wild egg rafts every week for his project, and I went with him once.
He set up the "stinky water" (alfalfa water) traps the day before, and we went to the locations to collect them.
Here is what they looked like:
We looked for egg rafts, picked them up with a spoon, and put each in a separate container with water:
I used what I learned to collect mosquitoes from Logan, UT, and test them for resistance to LSPH.
Alfalfa water that I fermented in my backyard
One of the traps I set
I got 13 egg rafts in Logan but forgot to take a picture. It was good to get more experience with field work.






Comments
Post a Comment